22 October 2010

Amazeballs

you paid for my bus ride - m4w: "i was sleeping on the bench and you asked if i was going, i said no i'm broke, you said you would pay for me, so i got on the bus. i was going to follow you home but i didn't know if that would be appropriate. So i'm in the pubic library, typing this on craigslist, maybe you can let me move in with you.
i know how to make pancakes."

How fucking amazing is that Craigslist missed connection? Best one I've ever read, by far.

Umm, let me explain how/why I was looking at the Craigslist's missed connections. It's pretty basic, I went there to look for a second job/try to sell the Rock Band and I got distracted. Someone was talking about missed connections the other day and I thought they would be interesting to read. And they were. Some are so hilarious. Some are a little on the pathetic/creepy side, but they are definitely interesting. I wonder if the people ever connect. I feel like I have heard a story about how missed connections did connect one time and now they're married or something. I don't remember where I saw that. Maybe I made it up, I don't know.

Anyway, I think they're really entertaining and that one above is by far the most fantastic one I've ever read. I love that it kind of doesn't make any sense. Why would anyone wake someone up to ask if they were going? And going where? To get on the bus? Home? To the store? Jeez, why would you say you considered following someone home? Yes, that is totally not appropriate...keep it to yourself! Why not say let's meet or something..moving in with someone is kind of a big step. Take it slow! I do love, however, that the selling point is you know how to make pancakes. That is important in a roommate relationship. I'm assuming, however, that the roommate would be expected to buy all the ingredients to make said pancakes since you couldn't afford bus fare. I'm going to need you to bring something else to the table if you expect to be in a completely co-dependent relationship. Like sausage. I love pigs in a blanket. If that post is legit, then it's totally creepy and would be something to add to my list of reasons why I don't give things to crazy homeless people on the street. If it's fake, good job, funny person.

I know I sound like a heartless bitch by not giving people things but seriously, you just never know! It honestly kind of scares me to interact with the crazies out here. My friend gave someone a handful of change and the recipient got all angry and indignant because the change was mainly pennies! I mean, really? I overheard another man telling a woman offering him food he didn't like whatever he was offering her! Whatever happened to "beggars can't be choosers?" Someone obviously didn't get that memo. Today on the street I saw a guy offering someone clearly down on their luck a doughnut, and that warmed my heart a little but in my head I was all, I would never do that! Sorry crazy homeless people. Once, I gave a quarter to someone because I was on the phone and distracted (a quarter was what she asked for, I wasn't being stingy) but then it got weird because she started popping up literally everywhere I went. Sorry, but I need my quarters for laundry.

Jeeeez, enough about me going on about all the different reasons I'm going to hell! Other than my hilarious find, I didn't have any other luck on Craigslist. I think I'm going to give the missed connections a regular look though. I wonder what I would do if I ever popped up on there. I probably won't, as I never smile at people, but you just never know. I would be pretty torn about responding, I'm not going to lie. I probably wouldn't do it in the end though. Somehow, I think we'll never know. ::Fingers secretly crossed::

In other news, I'm pretty sure our fridge is broken :( Of course I just bought a bunch of frozen food at Trader Joes. DAMMMMIIITTTTT.

Whatever. Dream big people!

No comments:

Post a Comment