08 October 2010

Midnight Train to Georgia

No, I'm not taking one. That would take forever. In fact, I just looked it up and it would take me 74 hours and 12 minutes. I could fly there faster and for about the same amount of money. Plus, I have no real reason to go to Georgia, I was just listening to the song. Which brings me back to my original thought. In the song, Gladys (Knight, we're on a first name basis, you might not be) and the Pips says she would "rather live in his world than live without him in mine." Which got me to thinking. Please keep in mind this is all hypothetical. I am not considering moving anywhere (...in the United States....right now) for a man nor do I even have a man or a man's world to move for. I just heard the song and my thoughts started going. Also, today has been somewhat of an emotional roller coaster and I'm going to get it all out via this blog. Feel free to stop reading if you're not into crazy.

Obviously, with my new "love affair" with the Italian, thoughts of relocation have been going through my head. But, I'm torn. Because on one hand, living in Italy would be so awesome. Y'all know I love Italy and it would be a DREAM to go back and live there. And if I had a boy toy involved as well, ooohhh man. That would be sweet. However, do I really want to be that girl that moved to another country for a guy?! I just don't know about all that. I will try to explain my scatterbrained thoughts...

Ok, so when I hear that song I'm like, this girl is pathetic. But them I'm also like, uggh, is my world that great that I need to stay in it all sad and lonely? Because my world is ok...I mean, I like it but it's not like, blowing my mind or rocking my face off. And I can't lie, I do get really really sad and lonely sometimes. Mainly, I just want to go on some damn dates! And I want some kisses! Is that so much to ask? Italian kisses sent via facebook are not just not the same as real ones. I feel like I have gotten the short end of the stick when it comes to boys and relationships (no. really. I win) and its starting to piss me off. I know I'm not the only person that feels like this, but dammit, I deserve some boy goodness for once! I want the long end of the stick! Or whatever. Why is it that the only people interested in me are nowhere close by and the one actually likes me back (for once! this is rare!) is in another damn country. ANOTHER COUNTRY. Really fucking far away.

Right. Sorry, you guys are not stupid. You know Italy is far away.

Anyways, here's my thing. I really like this kid. He is sooo cute. But what am I thinking? If he were here, great, we could just hang out and have a fling, hooray! But he's not here and he's not going to be here or anywhere close to here any time soon. Do I continue chatting it up with him and see if it goes anywhere? Do I keep looking for someone here? Do I get crazy and move back to Italy? It's totally a possibility y'all. I could go back next summer, do the same camp I did last year and then hang around and teach English or give tours or something. But, really? Really? Does that make any sense? Furthermore, would he even want me to do that? He seems pretty set on moving to the United States. Is it weird that I am more willing to move to Italy than for him to come here and us settle down? And furthermore, I don't even really know this guy. I know a good deal, but it's hard to really know someone when they are not speaking your language. Literally.

OR, I could just shut the fuck up because the whole thing is totally ridiculous. Right? Man, I wish someone would just tell me what I'm supposed to do. Anyone? Anyone feel like telling me whats up? I am obviously a total lunatic. I think the main problem is that I want this to work out really really bad and I'm willing to convince myself that the crazy is attainable. Crazier things have happened. Remember when I got picked to be on Ellen?!? Remember??? How much crazy goodness does one person get? Did I use mine all up?

Seriously though. How awesome of a story would this be if it actually worked out? So fucking awesome.

More problem: I'm bored. I literally need something to do every second of every day and when I don't have that, I start thinking wacky thoughts and I let myself get upset about really silly nonsense.

So. Deep breath. Time to eat some ice cream and get some sleep. I have been crazy tired all this week, I don't know what the problem is. What I should probably do is just take it one day at a time, go with the flow, see what happens and every other saying you can think of for just chilling the fuck out. In the wise words of my sisters profile (and Marilyn Monroe, apparently): "sometimes things fall apart so better things can fall together." So here's to hoping for better things.

And still, a new computer. Mine is being RIDICULOUS.

Dream big, people!

No comments:

Post a Comment