16 October 2010

Mi Fai Sorridere

Look at me, brushing up on my Italian! Thank you, Google Translate. Even if you make no sense 95% of the time. Someeeooonneeee (guess who) told me I had a beautiful smile today. And I have not stopped smiling since. See: :)

And it really could not have come at a better time because I had a little run in with a crazy lady at work today. She was not supposed to come to class on Friday. And she KNEW that because we even discussed it on Monday. But, she showed up and I said something to her and she got all mad and called me ridiculous. Whatever, I let her go to class and then at the end, on her way out, she says "You can read what I think about you on the Internet." And then something else about me being a strange lady. I smiled, said ok, thank you! Have a nice life.

That last part was a little weird/harsh but my brain was in overdrive because I was pissed/afraid I was going to have to slap a bullet to her face! (not really, I don't have a gun at work, calm down)

I really do not like when I have confrontations with people. It affects me physically and it's really just unpleasant. I had an altercation on the phone yesterday as well and I guess it just gets my adrenaline going because I have to take deep breaths and get myself back to normal. It's a good thing these instances didn't happen on the caffeine pill day because I might have lost my shit for realllzzzz. Why do people have to be so rude and ridiculous? I just don't understand.

On the OTHER hand, I have lots of people that make me happy so screw you if you don't. :) Thank you, Italian, for turning my frown upside down. For some reason he thinks it SO hilarious that we say "you're welcome" after someone says "thank you." In Italian they say "prego" which is the equivilant, but really means "please." Don't ask me why that tickles him so much, but it does and in turn, it cracks me up. It gest mentioned, literally, every time we talk. He also says this: "hihihihihihih" a lot, which I guess is laughing, but sometimes it's this: "ahahahahaha" but I don't know the difference. I don't care, it's hilarious either way.

I also walked to the library on my lunch break and was a huge nerd and checked out two new books. Pretty stoked about them, I'll keep you posted.

Looking forward to the weekend!!! Skype date tomorrow (hopefully!) and then PARTY TIME for a friends birthday! YAY!

Dream big people! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment