15 January 2011

Any Merry Little Thought

Hey! Another thing going around facebook. Man, I'm boring. Sorry. I'm out of material. Nothing exciting going on except the really nice weather and the prospect of vacation. Also, I like talking about and sharing my music. It makes me happy. So this one was to hit shuffle on your iPod (or whatever off brand MP3 player you have) and share the first 25 songs that play. I know, who really cares? I may have lost some of you already, but here was the first 25 on my iTouch, which has a limited number of songs because it can only hold about 1,000. I had to pick and choose what went on, so it's slightly less random than my actual iPod. I'll do both for you people, so you don't feel like you're missing out. I'm a giver.

1. Madonna-Hung Up
2. Fuel-Shimmer
3. Hootie & the Blowfish-Let Me Be Your Man
4. Fiction Plan-Everything Will Never Be OK
5. The Chords-Sh-Boom
6. Will Hoge-Ms. Williams
7. Green Day-Basket Case
8. The Police-Every Little Thing She Does is Magic
9. Garth Brooks-The Dance
10. Queen-Somebody to Love
11. Ben E. King-Stand By Me
12. Black Eyed Peas-Meet Me Halfway
13. Sister Act soundtrack-Oh Maria
14. The Temptations-Can't Get Next to You
15. Akon & DJ Khaled-We Takin Over
16. Lionel Richie-You Are My Destiny
17. Justin Timberlake-Cry Me a River
18. Kelly Clarkson-I Do Not Hook Up
19. Michael Jackson-Dirty Diana
20. Firehouse-Don't Treat Me Bad
21. Rick Springfield-You Better Love Somebody
22. Righteous Brothers-Unchained Melody
23. Marc Cohn-Walking in Memphis
24. Britney Spears-Do Something
25. Taio Cruz-Break Your Heart

And now my actual iPod, which has over 4,000 songs on it and includes A LOT more random shit. Should be interesting. Here we gooooo


1. Augusto Cego-Nha Fidjo
2. Cobra Starship-Good Girls Go Bad
3. Travis Tritt-Tell Me I Was Dreaming
4. John Mayer-Back To You
5. Me First and the Gimme Gimmes-Rocket Man
6. Blues Traveler-Runaround
7. R.E.M.-What's the Frequency Kenneth?
8. Dave Barnes-Grace's Amazing Hands
9. Sara Evans-Born to Fly
10. She'll Be Coming Round the Mountain-LSF camp CD
11. Travie McCoy featuring Bruno Mars-Billionare
12. Willie Nelson-On the Road Again
13. The Fray-Never Say Never
14. Bruce Springsteen-Born in the USA
15. Jack Johnson-Bubble Toes
16. Elvis-Love Me Tender
17. Dr. Dre-Xxplosive
18. Jimmy Eat World-A Praise Chorus
19. Regina Spektor-Better
20. Bob Marley-Buffalo Soldier
21. John Mellencamp-Another Sunny Day
22. Outkast-Gasoline Dreams
23. Jimmy Buffett-Brown Eyed Girl
24. Peter Pan Soundtrack-You Can Fly! You Can Fly! You Can Fly!
25. The Beatles-All You Need is Love

Well, this was fun! I actually really like the shuffle option, gets me to listen to lots of random songs I forgot about. However, the iPod cannot be trusted. I can't put it on shuffle and let others listen and/or just put it in the speaker and walk away. Obviously, really crazy nonsense can pop up and it's always slightly embarrassing when you are riding in the car/put your iPod in the speakers at a party and The Hello Song from your Italy camp starts blasting. It's awesome for me, but no one else appreciates it. It can be fun sometimes though. Who doesn't love a random throw back jam from Rick Springfield? Or a good Putomayo instrumental? Sadly, some people are not down with the awesomeness that is Sister Act Soundtrack, both 1 and 2 and things can get uncomfortable. Which is too bad because Joyful, Joyful is the shit.

Also, if you can name what song the title lyric comes from, you will win a prize. Email me with your answer and you'll get something cool. Hint: It's one of the 50 songs listed. :)

Dream big people!

PS-Yes, this is what I did Friday night. Being excited about the prospect of maybe possibly going on vacation has worn me out.

No comments:

Post a Comment