29 January 2011

Break Time

"Well I'm on my way, I don't know where I'm going, I'm on my way."

I've decided this is my new life motto. Thank you Simon and Garfunkle. I've also decided the rest of January and all of February and most of March is going to be worry free. I am not going to stress about my life, my job, where my life is going, how much it's going to cost, how I'm going to get there and who's going with me. I am going to focus, instead, on what I'll be eating on my visit home and how awesome it's going to be. If you hear/read of me stressing, please tell me to take a chill pill. I probably won't listen, but try anyway.

"You're just too good to be true."

Another new motto. And yes, I'm talking about myself. Someone wise told me I was gorgeous and hilarious and I believe them. Now, if only I can get guys* to think this, we will be in business.

It's Friday! Hooray! I have some questions. What does this mean: o_O. Also this: #fb. Anyone?

And as a fun Cali story, there was what is believed to be a bomb threat going on across the street this morning. There was a bomb robot in the alley, digging through the dumpster and they blocked the entire street off. It was a little scary, but nothing happened. And it made for some interesting people watching. Not surprisingly, about 50% of people completely ignored the police tape and just cruised right under it and acted all indignant when the police yelled at them. My goober co worker thought maybe they shut down the block for a marathon when this man came running down the street. Unless it was an old, fat, and barefoot one person marathon that only spanned a block, she was wrong. She was. No other shoeless people came running, old or otherwise.

Last but not least, another W-2 form showed up in my mail yesterday and I got SUPER stressed because I ALREADY filed my taxes! I was all stressed out and it was late, so I couldn't call anyone and I thought for sure I was going to get audited, even though I don't even know what that means, but it sounds scary and I was tossing and turning all night. Then I found out today it's not that big of a deal and I'll be fine. It's still annoying though because I'm not sure why my boss didn't inform me that a second W-2 was on it's way, but it's also not that surprising. The not informing part...not the W-2 itself. That was a huge surprise.

Ok, hooray weekend! Hope yalls is great!

Dream big people!

*guys that are normal, nice, decent looking, have a job and a whole list of ridiculous standards I have set for people I want to date.

1 comment:

  1. uh, love S&G. America - awesome.

    i think #fb is a "hashtag" for twitterers that connects it to their facebook status too. so not only do people put that same thing on twitter, they can spread it to every other status supplier around. it's like an automatic copy & paste. i could be wrong, though.

    that other symbol is an emoticon of types. i guess it could mean different things, but i've always looked at it as an "eyebrow raise." maybe a little confused, or a little intruiged.

    don't hold me to either one of those, i'm not exactly in the loop w/ twitter (don't use it!) & emoticons that aren't sideways :] (<-- like that).

    ReplyDelete