17 January 2011

Ridere

These come from real conversations I've had with a super cute Italian kid I know. I am sharing out of total love and I am NOT making fun because god only knows what my Italian comes out sounding like. If I had to guess, it would be....really terrible. And equally as amusing. Maybe he has a blog about the stupid shit I say in Italian. I'll never know.

I thought Americans were asshole
but
i understand
if false
no true
are a good people

I thought that was very nice of him. And you're welcome, Americans, for changing his perception of YOU ALL.

Sad when a people cry

This was him distinguishing the difference between sad and tired.

But if I go to USA to live, I make a homeless?

He was expressing concern over what he would do, in the event he were to move to the USA.

end sleep
in inglishhhh
help
...........


He needed the word for "wake up." Also, his spelling isn't great. Don't hate. My favorite is the dramatic pause in extended ellipse at the end.

no
because i so sad
this is real


He wanted to emphasis that he was very upset and missing the US. He tells me, literally, every time we talk. I believe him.

say bye bye fever

He had been sick earlier in the week and I asked if he was still sick. I was happy to find out he was not.

But this night I go to dancing

I asked about his plans for the evening.

the all people love martin?

I told him about our day off for MLK. I'm not really sure what he was asking.

Jacquy you ever smile

He says "ever" for "always." And he obviously is delusional if thinks I always smile. And he spells my name differently and more crazy every time we talk. Ever.

but no problem I love OBAMA hahahahaha

We were discussing Mussolini. He's a fan, but it's alllll good because [see above].

You hungry?
With me?

He meant angry.

ok
when you eat a chewing gum and speack
ahahahah is the same
ahahahhah is funny
ok this
when the american speach the same when a paople eat and speach with a chewing gum
understand ahahahahhahahahahahhahaha


No idea what was going on here. But he thought it was really funny. Also, the "ch" in Italian is pronounced like our k and they don't have the letter k in their alphabet so that is why he writes speach and thinch.

So there you go. Is this mean? I hope not. I cannot explain to you how happy these conversations make me. They are the highlight of my day and the reason I get up in the morning. Just kidding, that is very dramatic. But seriously, he makes me really happy and I wanted to share. Let me know if you think it's mean. I'll take it down. God, I hope I get to see this kid in person soon. Sadly, I won't have a record to share with you but maybe I could GET VIDEO! Oh man, getting carried away.

Dream big people! Gento grande sogno! (That is the Google translate for it...it's probably wrong.)

1 comment:

  1. I don't think it's mean i think it's very cute and endearing. and impressive, with your interpretation skills...

    ReplyDelete