11 January 2011

A Message to Marketing Execs:

I'm getting sick and tired of everything being geared towards couples. Seriously, commercials, I can deal with you during the holidays because there are other holiday things that cancel you out and make you tolerable. Now, however, it's lowly January and all I have to look forward to is Martin Luther King Jr day and the one Christmas Tree Cake I have left. There are no Christmas lights, Christmas music, Christmas food, ornaments, etc (see Christmas favorites) and I really don't need a Red Lobster commercial reminding me that I'm sad and lonely and have no one special to share a special meal with. Not that I would EVER go to Red Lobster for a meal, let alone a date, but still. I've noticed there are very few commercials that are geared toward the single 20 something. Which is too bad because....that's what I am. So yeah, get on that marketing execs. Make me want to go out to dinner, even as a party of one. Make your food look that good that I'll go out and eat it by myself. Or, maybe, the guy I went out with this weekend would be willing to go. He was, after all, willing to still call me "even though I looked a little big at the club." I swear on all that is holy he seriously said this to me. He told himself, "she's got a really pretty face, you should give her a call." This is right after he thought he gave me a compliment by saying I was a lot smaller than he remembered. So awesome. Dating is so dumb. I will not be seeing him again.

Anyway, for some good news! My room is looking super cute these days. I'm actually quite pleased with it. It has come a looong way since it's early days and now I want to share:

Just noticed my picture is crooked...I'll fix that. The things on the other side of the mirror are postcards. My collection out here is pretty sad....I didn't bring any of my cool ones from home. So send me some! I love getting postcards.

I really enjoy my bookshelf. Please notice the Ellen water bottle. Yes, I still have my Christmas stocking. I didn't get it until after Christmas, so I'm leaving it up until I get sick of it. Also, that is my stupid computer on my desk that I recently thought had come back to life, but it was apparently a one time deal. I tried burning a CD on it and it's been frozen for the past two days. Stupid thing.


My new Ikea additions! First, a REAL bed! Hooray! Sorry, I didn't feel like making it for the photo shoot. My cute new light, that I hung from the ceiling myself (don't look any closer at the hook it's hanging on...I got fed up and didn't screw it in correctly, so it's a little caddywompus looking, but it does the job), and my tree! I don't know how much longer the tree is going to make it though. I just recently looked at it's instructions and it requires a "water bath" every couple of days. I don't really know how to administer a water bath so I just filled up the sink with water and stuck it in there for a while over the weekend. That was the first "bath" its had in the month I've had it, so we'll see how it goes. It also doesn't get that much sun because I always forget to open my super cute curtains when I leave in the morning. Sorry tree, I'll try to do better.

These pictures don't really do the room justice, so you should just come see it for yourself sometime. I love visitors! We could go to dinner! Or just send a postcard. Either would make me happy.

Dream big people!

No comments:

Post a Comment