18 January 2011

Ramblings

I was, once again, super awesome this weekend and pretty much did nothing. It was 80 degrees here on Saturday. EIGHTY. I guess I can kind of understand now why people think LA is awesome. 80 degrees in January is pretty bad ass. It would be more bad ass if I had a car and some people to do some cool shit with, like go to the beach, hike, not sit at home, etc. I did go to the beach on Sunday, but it's kind of sad when you're by yourself, amongst all the crazies. The beach here is SO different from home. It's novelty is starting to wear off.

Whatever. Enough complaining. There was some good that came out of sitting at home. I watched the HBO special of Bette Midler's Vegas show and it was fucking awesome. That woman is awesome and I hope am I as much of a "fucking goddess" as she is when I'm 65. I probably won't be because I can't sing and I'm guessing I won't ever be able to. But maybe I'll discover some other kind of talent and that will get me through.

I also watched some SNL and it has been KILLING it lately. When Jim Carrey hosted, it was beyond hilarious! I have always been a huge Jim Carrey fan and this just made me enjoy him even more. The psychic impersonator...genius! My favorite, by far, was Cameron the red winged blackbird from Arkansas. I love his accent.

OH MY GOSH-I cannot escape No Strings Attached, the movie. Seriously, it is everywhere and it's driving me insane. It looks beyond horrible and it will not stop throwing itself in my face. I am boycotting ever seeing it, not only because it looks terrible and predictable, but also because the advertisments are out of control. Fail. Furthermore, it was first an *NSYNC album, which is awesome because apparently Justin Timberlake has a movie coming out soon with basically the same premise. JT obvi wins because No Strings Attached, THE ALBUM was fantastic (It Makes Me Ill will forever be my jam), I went to the concert and rocked my face off AND I have yet to see a commercial for his movie so....yeah. I don't hate it already. Still probably won't see it, but I will jam out to It's Gonna Be Me and I Thought She Knew, and reminisce about when MTV had music videos on it and not crap shows glorifying teen pregnancy and drunk orange morons.

Last but not least, that bi-polar has kicked back in and I'm questioning whether or not this Europe vacation is a good idea. I mean, I really want to go. And I *think* I will have the money for it...eventually. I don't really have it right now, but I'll get my tax returns soon and I should have some other money coming in if things pan out like they are supposed to in the next few months. But, I'm concerned. It could potentially cost A LOT of money. Should I do it? Is it worth it? Is the Italian kid going to think I'm completely out of my mind and the whole thing is going to just be a disappointment? What if Austin's baby doesn't like me and cries the whole time I'm there? Oh god, so many things could go wrong. I don't know what to do with myself :( I need a life coach! The age old conundrum, go with your heart or your head? I think I'm too young to be listening to my head. What do you think? I'll listen to anyone that agrees with me.

Dream big people!

Ohhh yeah, I forgot to share this other thing from last week. It is my second favorite Ellen show, with Ryan Gosling. And it's funny because I was actually supposed to go to this show but didn't because of work. I won't elaborate, it's too painful. Luckily, this picture makes me laugh every time. Enjoy! And watch the clip online if you didn't see the show. You can thank me later.


No comments:

Post a Comment