12 January 2011

A Brilliant Plan

People.

A brilliant plan has just entered my brain. I should be sleeping. I'm tired and I have to go to work tomorrow. I have spent the entire afternoon/evening/last few months trying to plan my life. Life planning is hard. It makes my head hurt and it's frustrating. For one part of my life plan, I realllyyyyyy want to go to England and see my precious little second cousin, Isaac. I have a two week vacation I can take and that is what I want to do with it. I maybe want to take a little side trip to Italy, but it's mainly about the baby, I SWEAR! Anyway, I looked up a bunch of flights and options and sadly, most things are jusssttt out of my budget. Those websites are tricky though...fly to London for just $450!!! Awesome! Oh wait, then add $200 taxes and fees. Damn. Anyway. The trip is maybe do-able, I would just have to eat Ramen for lunch and dinner for the rest of the year.

So, to facebook I went. Hey fb friends, do you know any sites that have cheap flights? Maybe someone has an inside scoop, I thought to myself.

AND THEN.

I realized that if every one of my facebook friends gave me $1, just one teensy tiny little dollar, I would have enough money for the flight and a little left over for that possible side trip. HOW INSANE/AWESOME is that???!!! I know, it is quite possibly the most genius thing I have ever thought of.

However.

There are a few glitches.

1. Most of my fb friends don't live anywhere near me and therefore, cannot just give me $1 cash.

1a. I would also look ridiculous trying to purchase a plane ticket with singles

2. I don't really know how I would go about collecting these dollars.

3. I am not sure if this is completely legal. It seems almost too good to be true.

4. I HATTEEEE asking people for money. Hate it.

4a. On the other hand, $1 is not that much. And, whenever people I know ask me for money for good causes, I almost always give it to them.

4b. Does this count as a good cause? I do believe this vacation has the potential to be the best thing that ever happened to me (save Ellen), so people could feel good about that. Right? It wouldn't be tax deductible, but I would send you a nice thank you card. Better yet, a thank you POSTCARD from my awesome trip. Worth it!

5. It might not work and that would be sad.

What say you, blog world? Think this is possible? Would you give me a $1? Do you know how I could collect them? Thoughts are welcome.

Now I must sleep. My mind is out of control with possibilities and I need a fresh start tomorrow to get my shit together.

If there was ever a time, it has come to...

DREAM BIG PEOPLE!!!!!

(one dollar at a time...)

PS-Also, maybe Ellen will catch wind of my goal and she'll think it's awesome and she'll ask me to be on the show and then we'll prank someone at Starbucks and then she'll scare me and then she'll give me a joooobbbbbb! Deep breath. Getting a little carried away. But, this might just be the magic of 1.11.11 working in my favor.

No comments:

Post a Comment