07 December 2010

What Christmas Means to Me

STILL in the holiday spirit people! Hopefully I can keep this up until Christmas is actually here. I just had a sneezing fit at work, which obviously means I am allergic to work and should go home immediately. Since that is not happening, I'll just write about more things that make me happy.

I love all (most) things Christmas. Such as the following:


LIGHTS! Literally, every time I see my tree and window with the lights on, I smile. I love them so much. Seeing them from the outside is so fun. Colored lights are the best and I don't care if you think they are tacky. Your face is tacky.

Candy canes! Cherry Cordial M&Ms! Peppermint bark! Candy Cane Oreos! Christmas candy in general! I wish I could live off Christmas tree cakes. Those might be the best things ever created. I have never really been into gingerbread houses, but I think I might this year. Just for something new. Gotta keep things fresh.


Music! Except when Jessica Simpson sings it. Other than that, I love pretty much all of it. Hymns and traditional carols included. I actually like going to Christmas mass just because I get to sing all the Christmas church songs. I wish I could sing well JUST so I could put out a Christmas album with all my favorites. It would have like, 50 tracks on it. It would probably have to be a box set. People would totally buy it and I would perform on a float at the Macy's Day Parade. And pretty much anywhere and everywhere people asked me too. And probably holiday parties when I got drunk from eggnog and start making people uncomfortable.

Oh yeah, that reminds me. Eggnog! So tasty. And Hot Chocolate. But only made with milk. Making it with water is weak sauce.

Christmas trees! They smell good, are fun to decorate and light up a room! Literally!


Presents! I love sending them and just wish shipping was not so expensive. Feel free to send me some.

Christmas movies! Love Actually is my favorite with Elf, The Santa Clause (whoa, I LITERALLY just got that title), and those stop animation films coming in second.

Cards! Love getting them, love sending them. Kind of the same as presents, but not as great.

Food! We have some baking traditions in my family. Sadly, I don't know if I'll have them this year since I'm not going to home for Christmas and don't have anyone to bake for here. But maybe I will anyway and share them with students or something. We'll see.

Holiday parties! You get to wear festive clothing, eat Christmas goodies and there's mistletoe! The combination of mistletoe and spiked eggnog is probably the only way I'm getting any Christmas love, so someone invite me to a party please. I have never been to a tacky Christmas sweater party, but I'm down for whatever.


That's it for now. I think I covered it all. Looking forward to the next couple of weeks. Send me your address if you want a Christmas card. :)

Dream big people!

No comments:

Post a Comment