20 December 2010

Go Tell it on the Mountain

That is as close to a Christmas miracle song I could come up with. A Christmas miracle has indeed happened as I am writing this on my OLD computer! I thought it was dead and gone y'all, but it has risen from the dead and is blessing me with it's humongous screen and iTunes library. This day has sucked otherwise so I'm pretty pleased about the re-birth of the Gateway.

In other news, I have also recently become a professional baker. Well, semi-pro I guess. I have been cooking up a Christmas storm and I don't want to brag or anything, but I'm pretty awesome. The key is simplicity. Everything I make has like, 5 ingredients tops and basically consists of me mixing them together and putting it the oven. Or some variation of that. Sometimes I microwave it and sometimes I put the mixture in the fridge. Just depends. Anyway, I'm still always impressed with myself when I throw things together because it usually ends up being tasty. So go me. Feel free to invite yourself over for a meal or a snack because I like it better when I can cook for other people. For one thing, it's depressing to cook for just one person. And for another, I love getting compliments. So come on over!

That's it really. Posting every day is making me a bit boring I'm afraid. Sorry about that. Don't fret, Christmas is almost here and this will all be over. I actually wish I could just fast forward through Christmas and end up at New Years. Not sure how I'm going to handle this Christmas, not being at home for the first time in 25 years and I would love if it just would hurry up and be over with. Between the Christmas commercials for jewelry, new cars and baking with the family, I'm ready for TV to stop rubbing my loneliness in my face, thank you very much.

Ok, it's not quite that dramatic. I'm actually ok with life right now. I just watched a lot of TV today and was constantly reminded that I will probably not be receiving any jewelry, cars, kisses, toys or surprise visitors this year. THANKS A LOT SANTA! Oh well, let us not forget the miracle of the Gateway. Since it was raining, I also watched a bunch of movies today. Here is a quick re-cap of them for you:

Top Gun: Tom Cruise was super hot. All the pilots were. I need to pilot land or wherever they were...somewhere in Cali, right?
Jerry Maguire: Tom Cruise was still super hot. The love story seemed pretty implausible to me..was I the only one that thought this?
Dear John: Only worth watching to squeal with delight over the places I recognized. It was filmed in Charleston and Sullivan's, so I got to squeal a lot. Other than that, it was quite depressing and not really what I needed today.
Going the Distance (last night): Actually quite entertaining. Loved the supporting cast the most. Charlie from It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia is so hilarious, as is Jason Sudeikis. The whole movie was funny and I give it two thumbs up.
My Big Fat Greek Wedding: Gives me hope that I just might get married one day, even if my love life is in the garbage right now. Also reminds me that I'm still mad I didn't get to go to that Greek wedding last year. Boo.

Trying to decide what to watch next. Another Tom Cruise movie? I just might do it.

Dream big people!

1 comment: