09 December 2010

Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas

...and make someone else's a little merrier too!

I know it's SUPER last minute, but I just thought of this and acted on it today. BUT, if you have a spare few minutes and/or couple of dollars, send a Christmas card to the troops!





Do it!!! I'm making mine at work today! Make sure you follow these guidlines:

Do...
-Include your heartfelt sentiments and sign all cards
-Entitle cards with generic terms such as “Dear Service Member, Family or Veteran”
-Limit cards to 15 per person or 50 for school class or business group
-Bundle groups of cards in single, large envelopes

Don’t...
-Send letters, care packages or monetary gifts
-Include personal information such as home or email addresses
-Use glitter – excessive amounts can aggravate health issues of wounded recipients
-Include inserts of any kind as they must be removed in the screening process


And pop it in the mail by Friday!

Holiday Mail for Heroes
PO Box 5456
Capitol Heights, MD
20791-5456

If you do, you're awesome! Let me know if you do!

Dream big people :)


PS-if you're reading this, say hi! I know I have random readers out there...I'd like to hear from you!!

No comments:

Post a Comment