04 December 2010

You're a Mean One, Mr. Grinch

Grinch is a perfect way to describe...someone in my life. I will call him He Who Must Not Be Named Because I Don't Want to Get in Trouble. Wink wink. But yeah, he sucks a lot. He is making a large chunk of my week day unpleasant. Which is too bad because I actually enjoy everything else.

But other than Mr. HWMNBNBIDWTGIT, things are fantastic! I love Christmas decorations so fucking much, I can't even handle it. My broke ass self is even willing to spend money I should most definitely not be spending on decor just so I can see it and smile every day, even while at work. I went to Target last night and lost my shit. It is a holiday heaven there! So much cute stuff, so many candy options! I had to exercise some self control and put back a few things. I'm adding an unlimited Target budget to my Christmas Wish List. There was a super cute skirt I wanted as well. I would look great in it, so someone should definitely buy it for me. :)

I will take pictures of the decorations at some point. I know you are dying to see them! Better yet, come visit! Our house is looking super awesome, let me just tell you. We have a tree and my roommate went nuts and even wrapping-papered the door! It's awesome. But then she went and got holiday M&Ms and I can't stop eating them. She got Cordial Cherry flavored ones, which I had never even heard of, but I highly recommend them. They are fanfuckingtastic! So tasty. I bought holiday Life Savers and resisted the urge to buy everything else on the shelves.

Oh, and last night I went to the second season premiere showing of this show called the "The Sing Off" and it was actually really good! You should watch it. NBC on Monday night. It's an all acapella singing competition and the groups are REALLY good.

After the show there was a question and answer session with a member of the group that won last year, a producer (or writer or something), a judge (Shawn from Boyz II Men), and the host (Nick Lachey from 98 Degrees). It was an interesting discussion and then they opened it up to the crowd and people once again proved how incredibly awkward and ridiculous they are and I wanted to die. The first woman was going on and on about how much she appreciated them bringing back "old school" and blah blah. She was super annoying and rambled uncomfortably for like, 3 minutes. She didn't even ask a question! She just babbled on about old school and Jesus and some other things. I stopped listening, I couldn't take it. The next guy started out just as bad but he at least asked a question. THEN. This crazygonuts girl got the mic and she lost her shit over Nick Lachey. I was so embarrassed for her, I wanted to crawl under the seats. She seemed unfazed, though, and continued to express her admiration for him (and music shows in general) and then asked what was their favorite moment of their career or some completely unrelated nonsense like that. It was painful. I also asked a question and made myself look kind of silly. But whatever, there is no way I was as dumb as crazy pants.

Overall, it was an interesting evening. Very strange crowd, but there was free food so I am not complaining. Swag would have been nice, but let's not push it.

DISNEY TOMORROW! Can't even fucking stand it. Hope you have a great weekend!

Dream big people!

No comments:

Post a Comment