11 December 2010

This Christmas

...I went to the post office. And some silly things happened.

First off, there was a crazy long line. And I thought, why in the world are there so few postal workers right now? It's Christmas and this is ridiculous. But I kept those thoughts to myself. However, the man in front of me apparently REALLY wanted to know what the deal was so he asked the postal worker wandering around helping people. "I have a very important question. Is it illegal to have more people working right now?"

Then I had a question for him. It was very important. "Is it necessary for you to be a total douche? And why do you smell so bad?" Since I only asked it in my head, I never found out the answer. But really, people, did he really think the poor woman would have an answer for him? I get the feeling a lot of really angry people come into the post office, and even more so at Christmas. I just don't really like being witness to it, is basically what I'm trying to say here.

There was also an old man wearing a cowboy hat and boots on with a snowman bell as a zipper pull on his jacket. He was cute until he started yelling "NEXT" really loudly once someone finished their postal transaction.

There was also a dodo brain wandering around asking everyone in line if forever stamps were still valid. Yes, fool! That is why they are forever stamps! Someone get this man a brain.

Just when I was about to lose faith in the post office-going public, the woman behind me taps me on the shoulder and tells me I have beautiful long eyelashes. How nice was that?! Made me smile. And proud to tell her they were all natural (she asked). Then she talked me into going in the stamps only line, even though my letter had to be weighed (it was my cards for the troops) and the stamps only line does not weigh things. I didn't want to go because I was afraid there would be a riot if I had to get back in line (she said she would hold my spot if I was refused service), but the stamps only woman took pity on me.

Then I left and that is the end of my post office adventure. Thank you for reading.

Dream big people!

No comments:

Post a Comment