26 December 2010

I'll Be Home for Christmas

Actually, sad times, no I'm not. I guess that is where the "If only in my dreams" line comes in.

But don't fret, I went to a friends house in Sonoma (near San Francisco) and had a really great Christmas. We had dinner at her family's for Christmas Eve...there were 40 people at one table. Total insanity. And then a 40 person White Elephant. I ended up with a bottle of wine. Not bad. Christmas day we had a super fantastic breakfast...less people but still crazy and fun. Then we opened presents. I got a stocking and even a few gifts! It was so great. That Santa is so smart! He knew where I was going to be AND knew to leave me some things I wanted.

Now I'm at her boyfriend's family's house and though it is a tad bit strange infringing on someone else's family Christmas traditions, everyone has been so super nice to me and it is just really lovely. I can't thank them enough (I started with a potted plant) and am so glad there are such nice people in the world.

There has been lots of crazy stuff going on and I have eaten so much good. I am now in a food coma and must go to bed. But I hope everyone had a very safe and happy holiday! Buon Natale! Feliz Navidad! Joyeux Noel! Vrolijk Kerstfeest!

Merry Christmas to all and to all, a good night.

Dream big people :)

No comments:

Post a Comment