31 December 2010

All Was Well

I re-read the last Harry Potter last week and now I want to talk about it. So here are my thoughts on Harry Potter:

It is so good.

That's it.

No, just kidding. There's more. Every time I read any of the books (I've read them all at least twice, some three or four times), I am just amazed at the world JK Rowling created and how absorbed in the whole thing I become. I know I am not the only person upset Hogwarts is not a real place AND slighty sad to be a lowly Muggle. A filthy Mudblood, if you will. I am honestly (still) kind of upset the series is over. Yes, thank you, I know it has been three years since the last book was published. The re-read just made the pain all fresh and real again.

I started the re-read on the way home from San Francisco in the car and even though I was completely exhausted and had to get up for work the next day, I just had to finish it that night. Luckily, I read super fast so I was able to do it. Of course, I was crying by the end of it. Basically from when (spoiler alert) Ron finally kisses Hermoine (I was jealous) up until the very end, the tears were flowing. It's honestly because I am so involved with the characters. I wasn't already upset and/or PMSing. I was just really moved by the whole thing. I LOVE when Neville shows up and and is all bad ass, taking charge and kills the snake. I swooned when Ron insisted on rescuing the house-elves. I cheered when Ron punches Draco in the face. My heart literally ached when Snape's story is finally revealed. The whole damn thing, I just can't even stand it. Oh god, and then the kid is named Albus Severus.

People. I just can't say enough good things. Every time I read it, I get lost in the wizarding world and wish the gang would go to Magic College and then onto Wizard Grad School so their stories would never end. Obviously the last story would be nearly impossible to top but I would be ok with just reading about the everyday lives of Harry and friends.

I'm both REALLY looking forward to and dreading the release of the final movie (July 15 2011) because it is going to be epic, but it also means it's all going to be over. July 16 will be a sad sad day. Good thing my birthday will be there to cheer me up 12 days later.

Anyway, I basically just wanted to put it out there that I really love Harry Potter and say great job JK! I'm sure all the hundreds of awards you've won may have clued you in on what a fabulous job you did, but this girl just wanted to spread the HP love.

Yes, I'm a nerd. Don't care. I have a Quiddich shirt floating around here somewhere and will be having a Harry Potter marathon July 14th if anyone wants to join me.

Dream big people!

No comments:

Post a Comment