17 December 2010

O Holy Night

...of baking!

OH my goodness, I did a lot of baking/card making tonight. I honestly got a little sick of it. I think it's because I have zero patience and I don't like when I can't finish projects in a timely manner. I had a lot of cards to make, things to bake, packages to put together, etc and it took me a few days. I was hoping it would take an hour. ish. But whatever, it's done for the most part.

I always go way overboard with Christmas cards and gifts. I just have so many people I want to do stuff for but it is SO expensive to mail things! And now, without a car, it is quite the pain to gather the materials to send things AND figure out how to get them all the to post office. BUT I'm going to get it all done, dammit! Some people may getting gifts after Christmas, but they WILL be getting them. I don't want to hear any whining about it either!

The other problem with baking is that I want to eat everything I make! I ate pretty much only cookies for dinner which is a really terrible idea for a lot of reasons. Among other things, I then don't have as many to send to people. It also gives me heartburn and will probably make me gain 5-10 pounds. I'm pretty sure I'm going to gain at least 15 pounds by the end of December. Christmas food is just so delicious and everyone likes to give me candy/sweets as presents! I'm not complaining, but I would probably be better off with SlimFast or a subscription to Weight Watchers. Getting free cupcakes for National Cupcake Day yesterday didn't help things either. Especially when there is a "Yummy Cupcakes" across the street from my school. And let me tell you, they are not lying when they call themselves yummy. Fabulously Delicious Cupcakes would also be a good name.

Ok people, off to a sugar induced coma/bed. Looking forward to the weekend!

Dream big people!

No comments:

Post a Comment